Prizes of $10,000 will be presented in three categories: local, national and international reporting.
There is no entry fee.
The deadline for entering work published in 2015 is February 1, 2016.
- Print, broadcast and online work is eligible. Still photography is not eligible. Entries must be directly related to current events or include new information about old events. Features and commentary are eligible.
- Submissions must consist of materials prepared in the ordinary course of the journalist's professional production. Materials prepared by journalists specifically for submission to the Livingston Awards do not qualify. Student media are not eligible.
- Journalists who are 34 years old or younger as of December 31, 2015, and whose work appears in United States-controlled print, broadcast or online media may enter.
- One entry per individual is accepted. One entry can be a single piece or a maximum of three related pieces either from a published series or an original piece and its follow-up developments; each sidebar counts as one piece.
- Individuals may apply on their own, or be entered by their organization.
- Competition limited to work done during calendar year ending December 31, 2015.
- Multiple bylines are eligible, but all must meet the age criteria.
For information on how to enter, read Entry Procedures.